Requirements Engineering - Raising the Bar
This one day course takes a practical, no-nonsense approach that will leave attendees better equipped for their job role. The emphasis throughout is on 'raising the bar' - refreshing basic concepts with new and powerful insights and moving beyond the basics to introduce techniques and tips that boost effectiveness and job satisfaction.
Who should attend?
This course will benefit project team members, team leaders and project managers involved in:
- writing, managing or reviewing requirements for systems or software
- systems or software test, verification or validation
Working knowledge of requirements and acceptance processes
- course instruction by experienced practitioners
- full course notes
- buffet lunch
- course certificate
Public courses: Bath area, England
Private courses: Client location or Bath area
Contact us to register interest in a private course.
£650 (ex VAT) - one-day course
This is the public course price per delegate. Contact us for pricing for private courses.
The emphasis throughout is on clear, practical guidance which can be applied in your daily work.
The morning will be independent of any specific tool, providing an overview of key principles underpinning successful requirements management through the system lifecycle. Topics covered will include:
- the big picture - knowing where requirements fit in
- separating problem & solution
- dealing with stakeholders
- statements and documents - appreciating the difference
- structuring documents - making your life easier
- requirements statements - avoiding common mistakes
- specifying performance and constraints
- understanding the role of modelling
- deriving requirements systematically
- managing change
- understanding traceability - the why and the how
- enriching traceability - Evidence-based integrity
- getting to grips with process - the life stages of a requirement
- understanding your information model
- applying process with a light touch
The afternoon will take the form of a tutor-led clinic. The course tutors will illustrate some of the principles introduced in the morning session using real-world examples, with the intention of stimulating a debate during which course members will have the opportunity to discuss issues and problems they face in their daily work. Course members are encouraged to bring along appropriate material which will help to illustrate the subject areas that interest them.
All of integrate's course instructors are experienced system engineers, requirements managers and DOORS practitioners, and are able to apply a valuable real-world perspective that is one of the vital ingredients of successful training.