DOORS Fundamentals offers a flexible training pathway for both intermittent and regular users of IBM Rational DOORS.
Offered over two days, or as two self-contained one-day modules, DOORS Fundamentals is the ideal starting point for new DOORS users. The course will also benefit more experienced users who wish to refresh and mature their DOORS skills.
DOORS Fundamentals Part 1 introduces delegates to the basic concepts of using DOORS, and builds skills in using the major features. It is suitable for anyone whose role will be creating, editing or reviewing requirements and related information.
Part 2 introduces additional DOORS features, and in particular addresses those users who need to configure the database as well as use it.
Who should attend?
This course will benefit project team members, team leaders and project managers using DOORS for:
- writing, managing or reviewing requirements for systems or software
- systems or software test, verification or validation
- course instruction by an experienced practitioners
- full course notes
- buffet lunch
- course certificate
Public courses: Bath area, England
Private courses: Client location or Bath area
Click here for our public course schedule or to register interest in a private course.
£650 (ex VAT) – Part 1 and Part 2 as separate one-day courses (P2P code: 2212462)
£1000 (ex VAT) – Part 1 and Part 2 run as a two-day course (P2P code: 2212461)
These are the public course prices per delegate. Contact us for pricing for private courses.
The course is strongly focussed from the outset on providing delegates with practical hands-on experience.
By the end of Part 1 of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Work in an IBM Rational DOORS database
- Create and save documents (formal modules)
- Manipulate module contents including attributes
- Set up filters and sorts
- Create and remove columns
- Manipulate views of the data
- Work with traceability links
- Create and export reports
By the end of Part 2, delegates will also be able to:
- Provide a project- and process-centred working environment for your DOORS users
- Set up modules
- Create and modify object and module attributes
- Import, export and round trip data
- Create users and user groups
- Control access to data
- Create and manage advanced views
- Manipulate DOORS schemas
- Create link modules and link sets
- Control permissible link paths
- Create baselines and baseline sets
All of integrate's course instructors are experienced system engineers, requirements managers and DOORS practitioners, and are able to apply a valuable real-world perspective that is one of the vital ingredients of successful training.